Thank You Mike Wieringo

I just learned a little while ago that Mike Wieringo passed away this Sunday. You can read more about it here: newsarama.com
I can't even express how shocked and saddened I am by this news. When I was mostly making my living as an inker in the comics industry, I had always wanted to ink over his pencils. I was and continue to be a huge fan of his work. I always dug his style and the fact that he had his own take on things when everyone in the industry around the time I discovered his work was scrambling to put as many ticks and cross-hatching on everything they drew. His drawing approach had an ease and a subtle playfulness to it that I found well, cool as sh*t.
On top of that he had a killer signature!

God bless you Mike and thank you for inspiring me with your work. My condolences go out to his family.
Go check out his site if you're not familiar with his work: mikewieringo.com

No comments: