IF - Memories


Another piece I just finished for Illustration Friday. The topic this week is: MEMORIES.
The idea behind the piece was to show that memories are what gives us our sense of self. The child's hand to the left along with the adult hand over to the right symbolize the passage of time and that our memories serve as the bridge between the past and the present. Paper as a medium is designed to hold information but deteriorates as time goes by much like our brains and the memories it contains.
Hope you guys dig it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Rui! Thank you for stopping by.

Junkyard Sam said...

This piece is just GORGEOUS. It would make a great print. The idea, style and execution of it is just wonderful!

Thumbs down on the giant watermark though!!! =)

But yeah I really really love this piece.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA yeah I don't like having to put in the watermark but I can't make it too easy for the ne'er-do-wells out there. ;)
But thanks! I'm glad you dug it and thanks for taking time out to stop by I know you got your hands full for your upcoming show.

Anonymous said...

great concept, colors and texture. Love your Blog; fantastic work all of it. Great, great stuff.

Jason Johnson said...

That rocks, man. And quite deep as well.

Unknown said...

Thanks Frank I'm glad you liked it! I dig your style.

Thanks a bunch J!

theartofpuro said...

lovely illo and great idea for this week topic

Ben Balistreri said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog edwin. Great piece here and I dig the Raising Arizona one below as well!