Blue on Criminal Minds!


A few years back I created a comic book character named Blue which was released through Image Comics. Lo and behold it showed up in last night's episode of Criminal Minds! I didn't get to see it but I got a text message from my brother to let me know they had caught it on TV. I've been trying to track down a copy of the episode but all I've got right now is this still shot of Frankie Muniz. The Blue logo is visible in the background and a concept drawing of Blue drawn by Jason Johnson is off to the right. I hear they even showed the four covers that the great Drew Struzan did for the mini-series.
Here is the description for the episode:
The BAU and local authorities in Los Angeles investigate gang-related serial killings that might possibly involve a famous comic book artist.

Drawings are coming. I've been swamped this past month and a half. Ugh.

6 comments:

Jason Johnson said...

Ah yeeah! We're stars now!

Marcelo Vignali said...

That's pretty cool!

bog_art said...

Congratulatios!!.. I bet it was a great news!!.. you have an incredible blog here!!.. your post "Legends of Norrath" is just amazing.. and the same with "Art Rage Doodle"

Anonymous said...

I actually saw the Re-run of the Criminal Mind episode last night (February 13, 2008) and DID see the "Blue" comic cover for issue #1 (if memory serves me correctly)... nice book, too... I'm not sure how much it will help you in your current endeavors, but it was a nice blast from the past...

Curtis

Unknown said...

Thanks all! Thanks for your support Curtis! I have every intention of trying to get Blue together in a trade-paperback format someday soon. It would be nice to close out that story and have a definitive conclusion to the story arc. Hopefully all the right pieces fall into place and I am able to get that done.

Andy said...

From the introduction of the first episode, I was hooked! I especially enjoy the quotes and comments at the opening and closing of each episode. This is the only show I watch faithfully."Criminal Minds" is what I look forward to on Wednesday nights. The suspense, the variety of characters, the humor - what a nice mix.Awz enjoi it as i hav all eps Watch Criminals Mind Free here...If anyone misses their fave one dan bask it!!!!!